[SR-Users] RLS server as SUBSCRIBE proxy?

Jeremya jeremy at electrosilk.net
Thu Jan 6 05:34:59 CET 2011

Hi,

My situation is that I have a number of SIP end points (server) that
support SUBSCRIBE method on various resources they hold. Primarily these
are dialog resources, but include arbitrary other resources with custom
MIME types.

I also have a large number of SIP end-points (clients) that use
SUBSCRIBE to resources held by these end-points. Some of these
end-points are standard phones (SPA-962) monitoring dialog state. Other
end points are custom clients that monitor a variety of custom resources
and MIME types.

I have got to the point where the number of SUBSCRIBE clients is making
it impractical for the SUBSCRIBE sources to support them.

I want to make a SUBSCRIBE proxy server that makes arbitrary SUBSCRIBE
requests to my SIP end points (server) and in turn accepts SUBSCRIBE
requests from my consumer SIP clients (Phones etc). In effect the server
would aggregate SUBSCRIBE requests into a single SUBSCRIBE to a target
resource.

Ideally the SUBSCRIPTION would be dynamic, generated by the SUBSCRIBE
requests from the SIP phones and other clients, but this can be static.

I've read the documentation for the RLS module in Kamailio but I can't
actually figure out what it does. It may do what I want (if only in some
database mode) but I'd appreciate advice as to whether to pursue this as
an option or go to plan-B

Regards

Jeremy