[SR-Users] kamailio logging

marius zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Mon Jan 3 10:46:50 CET 2011

On 01/02/2011 09:52 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Hi Noa,
>

> Then, direct the output to a custom log file for easy viewing.  Set the
> syslog logging facility to, say, LOG_LOCAL0, and then redirect the
> LOCAL0 facility in your syslog daemon to a separate file, e.g. in the
> case of /etc/rsyslog.conf or Debian-style /etc/sysklogd.conf or classic
> /etc/syslog.conf:
>
>       local0.*				-/var/log/kamailio.log

Hello

The - in front of the path means that syslog logging is performed
asynchronous, which is very useful(read mandatory) if you plan to use
logging and kamailio in anything except a basic test case.

If you want a trace of the messages you can use ngrep:

`ngrep -W byline -d any sip port 5060 ` where "sip" is a regex to match
and "port 5060" is a pcap expression (see tcpdump as well)

Marius
Marius