[SR-Users] kamailio logging

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Jan 2 20:52:35 CET 2011

Hi Noa,

Pretty much the only reasonable way to do it is to throw your own xlog()
statements into the default config, which contain the information you
want.

The development community reasons that everyone is going to want
different logging points and different content in those logs, so it is
not necessarily appropriate to impose.

I would say throw a couple of xlog() statements in the config, maybe
like this:

    xlog("L_INFO", "($ci) Entering NAT handler\n");

(logging the Call-ID lets you trace what happened to a single "call"
that shares Call-ID across all requests and replies)

Then, direct the output to a custom log file for easy viewing.  Set the
syslog logging facility to, say, LOG_LOCAL0, and then redirect the
LOCAL0 facility in your syslog daemon to a separate file, e.g. in the
case of /etc/rsyslog.conf or Debian-style /etc/sysklogd.conf or classic
/etc/syslog.conf:

     local0.*				-/var/log/kamailio.log

Then restart the syslog daemon, restart Kamailio, and see if you like
what you get.

Cheers,

-- Alex