[SR-Users] kamailio logging

Noa Resare noa at spotify.com
Sun Jan 2 20:48:22 CET 2011

Is there a way to get a sensible amount of logging done from kamailio?

Being new to the VoIP space (but with plenty of experience with i.e. web and
email servers) I tried to get a running system by installing the kamailio
package and starting up, trying to get it to behave by looking at log
output. I use the blink SIP client in OSX, that has a SIP data dump log view
and from that I can deduce that the server returns "SIP/2.0 483 Too Many
Hops", however there is nothing helpful in the server logs.

If I set debug=2 i get nothing useful, and if I set debug=3 I get insane
amounts of logging, thousands of lines per connection attempt. Finding
something meaningful in there seems like a herculean task.

/noa

ps. The actual problem with 483 Too Many Hops sounded a lot like 'Mail loops
back to myself' that you get on smtp servers when the relevant virtual
domain is not configured, so it seems I was able to handle that problem by
adding WITH_MULTIDOMAIN and configuring my domain with kamctl domain add.
Now I get "482 Loop Detected" instead, which seems like a non-fatal
condition. The logging question still stands though.

--
Everything is secret.