[SR-Users] Can only tranfer (refer) a call one time

Carsten Bock lists at bock.info
Fri Feb 25 11:34:11 CET 2011

Hi,

also you should check, what your ITSP really supports.
I don't think our Cisco PGW's here at Telefonica Germany supports
properly Call-Transfer and it is absolutely ok, since we are providing
Class 4 services and not Class 5 services (which would be handled by
our Class 5 infrastructure).
Call-Transfer ist a typical Class 5 feature which is normally
supported by a PBX and not natively by a class 4 infrastructure.

Kind regards,
Carsten

2011/2/25 Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>:
> 2011/2/25 niklas rehnberg <niklas.rehnberg at gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>> Have following issue:
>>
>> Alice calling Bob.
>> Bob make call transfer to Charlie  (works fine)
>> Charlie transfer Alice to David.    (the call break)
>>
>> Why is not possible to transfer the call more than one time?
>> Is it any parameters?
>>
>> My ITSP use SER together with Cisco MGW.
>
> Niklas, nothing in SIP protocol neither in SER/Kamailio makes your
> scenario to fail. It must be a problem in your custom setup. Try
> identifying the problem capturing SIP traces.
> Also take into account that a proxy doesn't participate at all in the
> process of a "call transfer". It's just a transparent mechanism for a
> proxy.
>
> --
> Iñaki Baz Castillo
> <ibc at aliax.net>