[SR-Users] no private memory left after mi mt_reload command

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Feb 24 18:21:54 CET 2011

On Wednesday 23 February 2011, Javier Gallart wrote:
> I've upgraded to 3.1.2 and compiled with the  DEFS+= -DMI_SYSTEM_MALLOC
> option. Looking good so far. Any thoughts about my second question, that
> is, how to be aware from the scripts if the any problems has arisen in the
> mi command?

Hi Javier,

there are several ways how to monitor this condition:

* create a check that grep in the log file for the error msg
* check the output of "kamctl fifo get_statistics all" for the memory
   informations
* do a OPTIONS ping to the server that is replied statefully (thus allocates
   memory) and check this
* and probably the best, just check the return value of the mtree reload FIFO
   cmd?

Cheers,

Henning