[SR-Users] kamailio and MySQL licensing question

Mon Feb 14 17:29:43 CET 2011

Am 14.02.2011 17:17, schrieb Siddhardha Garige:
> hello all,
>
> I have a question regarding MySQL licensing.
>

> We configured kamailio to work in edge proxy mode with drive-by
> registration to support our network architecture. One of our clients is
> interested in conducting some trails with us and we are setting up a
> test network at client's facility. As a part of this process we will be
> installing our custom kamailio on their servers with MySQL. We are not
> charging our client for kamailio and mysql implementation since they
> both are open source implementations. But we will be charging them for
> our time at clients facility.

First, GPL license does not have any restrictions on charging. So, the
question is not if you charge them or not. The question is: if you give
them binary code, you have to give them (when they ask you) also the
source code. Thus, if you have made changes to the code you have to give
them also the changes.

> Are we violating any MySQL license policies by installing our custom kamailio with MySQL for our client?

Mysql client libraries are by default GPL (unless you buy a comemrcial
license). But as most of Kamailio is GPL too, I think you just have to
obey the GPL license.

regards
klaus