[SR-Users] Kamailio NOTIFY

Wed Feb 9 16:24:21 CET 2011

Am 09.02.2011 14:56, schrieb Spinov Evgeniy:
> On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 14:47 +0100, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>> Do you see PUBLISH requests with Event: dialog?
>>
>> Note: those will be sent by pua_dialoginfo module to Kamailio itslef,
>> thus will be sent on the loopback interface. You should see them with
>> "ngrep -d any port 5060"
>>
>> klaus
>
> No, PUBLISH requests with event dialog are not generated. Instead of
> dialog event, presence event is generated, but as for me, it should
> work, as for instance eyeBeam is generating PUBLISH requests itself,
> with event: presence.
>
> You're saying that NOTIFYs with event dialog are empty, cause there are
> not PUBLISH event: dialog?

Yes. The "presence server" is just a relay of the content:

PUBLISH ---> presence server <---SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY---> client

If dialoginfo is not published into the presence server, the presence
server will send empty NOTIFYs.

There are 2 ways to get the dialoginfo published into the presence
server: either the phone does it (e.g. SNOM phones can do that, eyebeam
only publishes "presence" but not "dialog"info) or Kamailio can PUBLISH
the dialog state. See
http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.1.x/modules_k/presence_dialoginfo.html

So, make sure that Kamailio will publish the dialoginfo:
http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.1.x/modules_k/pua_dialoginfo.html#id2887055

regards
klaus