[SR-Users] Redundancy between 2 Kamailio servers

Bernhard Suttner bernhard.suttner at winet.ch
Wed Feb 2 11:21:56 CET 2011

Would be possible.

Have a look at DRBD!

Von: sr-users-bounces at lists.sip-router.org [mailto:sr-users-bounces at lists.sip-router.org] Im Auftrag von Danny Dias
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. Februar 2011 11:20
An: kamailio
Betreff: Re: [SR-Users] Redundancy between 2 Kamailio servers

Hello,

I was thinking that if i store the contacts that are registered into my proxy in a database, like this:

.
.

# ----- usrloc params -----
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   3)
.
.
if (is_method("REGISTER"))
{
        if (!save("location"))
        sl_reply_error();
        exit;
  }
.
.

This way i would store the contacts in table "location", and then i could make a backup of the DB and restore on the other server...is that ok? or i'm missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2011/1/27 Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>
2011/1/27 Danny Dias <ing.diasdanny at gmail.com>:
>> Two Kamailios in a HeartBeat cluster which manages the kamailio
>> service along with a virtual IP in which kamailios are supposed to
>> listen. Just one kamailio is running (HA manages them).
>>

> So, the heartbeat cluster shall manage that both are ok and also check that
> the virtual ip and the kamailio service in the primary server is OK....if
> something fails it will activate the virtual IP address and the kamailio
> process in the other server? so this heartbeat cluster is installed in both
> kamailio servers?
> which HA software do you recommend?
As I said at the top of my previous mail: HeartBeat (as it is the only
I'm used to).

>> Regsitration can be done in a shared database with db_mode=3 (or 2) so
>> no locations are lost when HA stops the running instance of kamailio
>> (or the server is down) and starts kamailio in the other cluster node.
>>

> So, the database of the kamailios should be dedicated and externalised
> server?
Could be, or not. It doesn't matter too much.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>