[SR-Users] usrloc, timer process and cache cleanup

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 18:58:27 CET 2011

Hello,

On 12/22/11 6:19 PM, Andreas Granig wrote:
> Got the cause of the issue.
>
> What happens is that there's an AOR which registers ever 120 seconds.
> For some reason, the location entry is in usrloc cache, but not in db.
> What happens now is that usrloc tries an "update" query in the db,
> because it still assumes that the entry is there, which obviously fails.
>
> If you remove the entry from usrloc (kamctl ul rm<aor>), then on the
> next re-registration it's both inserted into the cache and into the db.
>
> Wondering how it could happen to get out of sync, and how we could
> improve this. Maybe using a "replace into" instead of "update", at least
> for mysql? Suggestions?
is the timer interval parameter of usrloc higher than 120sec?

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/3.2.x/modules_k/usrloc.html#id2494575

IIRC, there should be anyhow a flag to mark if the record is in db or
not, and based on that do insert or update, maybe something is lost
there. If you do 'kamctl ul show __aor__', what are the values for flags
fields?

Another option, perhaps more portable, but with two db hits is: update
and if fails then insert -- considering that these should be corner
cases, maybe the performance is not affected much. A blended version is
even better, if the db driver supports replace, do replace instead of
update (I don't know if replace is faster/slower than update).