[SR-Users] transport=TLS

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 13:24:27 CET 2011

Hello,

On 12/2/11 12:48 PM, Bruno Bresciani wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is attached the diagram showing the call flow... I have a cell phone
> with Android and Bria softphone registered on kamailio via TLS
> protocol. When I make a call by Bria, this INVITE is routed of the
> kamailio to gateway SIP via UDP protocolo because Bria specified
> transport=TLS only contact header and nothing in R-URI.
> I want all way the call is forwarded with TLS protocol.

do you want to force TLS between Kamailio and gateway only if calls
comes via TLS? Or always (e.g., call comes over UDP to Kamailio and has
to go via TLS to gateway)?

If you want to enforce always tls, then just set $du before relaying to
gateway:

$du = "sip:gatewayip;transport=tls";

There are also functions from tm where you can force tls transport (see
the readme of tm module).

If you want to send over tls only when it comes via TLS, then do the
checking

if(proto==TLS) {
    # came over tls, enforce tls for outgoing to gateway
    $du = "sip:gatewayip;transport=tls";
}