[SR-Users] Kamailio as simple SIP proxy between client and SIP server.

Edson - Lists 4lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 17:04:43 CEST 2011

Hi, Henrik...

Sip-Router is "just" a SIP Proxy... but a dam good one...

You have to take a step back... You are mixing concepts when affirming
that SR is playing SIP-Server roles... Please take a better look on the
definitions (SIP-Proxy, SIP-Server, Registrar, etc) and find wich system
play each role.

In your actual scenario they are mixed concepts.

Draw your target scenario with all the alternatives. You will find many
of them. Only them you will be able to point the roles each component
can and will have to play in the chosen scenario. Each of this "play
alternatives" (roles played by each component) will give You Pros and
Cons (security, scalability, velocity, etc, etc, etc) ...

Make Your choice, try to implement it and this list will be able to help
you when problems on SR (SER or KAMAILIO flavors) configuration come to
play.

Edson.