[SR-Users] Kamailio as simple SIP proxy between client and SIP server.

Henrik Aagaard Sørensen henrikaagaardsorensen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 16:46:04 CEST 2011

This is my current setup, which works:
SIP client <-> SIP server.

As I've currently moved to another country I would like to be able to do the
following setup:
SIP client <-> Kamailio SIP proxy <-> SIP server.

As the SIP server only accept packets from specific IP's.

Is it possible?

I've managed to setup a simple Kamailio installation on my server, which
does have a valid IP for the SIP server.
With the Kamailio installation I've also enabled NAT with RTPProxy.

My problem is now, that the Kamailio installation doesn't work as a simple
proxy, but actually takes registrations etc. and acts as a "full-blown" SIP
server.

It should only take SIP messages and transfer them between clients and
server.

Any ideas?