[SR-Users] Dumping Online Users stops at 2000 records

Sebastian Damm damm at sipgate.de
Wed Aug 17 13:41:20 CEST 2011

Hi Henning,

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Henning Westerholt <
henning.westerholt at 1und1.de> wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 August 2011, Sebastian Damm wrote:
> > we have a script running on our Kamailio servers which dumps all online
> > users with kamctl ul show, parses it and then sends it to database. (For
> > explanation, we started doing it this way because we noticed at least
> with
> > an older (open)ser release that SER would completely stop working for a
> > couple of seconds while writing registered users to database every 5
> > minutes. When dumping it, we don't see any disruption.)
>
> what about fixing this bug instead of using this workaround? This sounds
> really inefficient.

Actually, piping the output through awk and generating a file for LOAD DATA
INFILE" is not too bad. Additionally, we need to have that data in more than
one DB, which prevents us from using one of the built-in db modes. We use an
own DB mode which reads only on startup and then never touches the DB again.

> I don't think there is a hard limit. Do you see any errors (e.g. memory
> allocation issues) in the server logs? Another idea, if you're somehow
> stuck
> to the old/ buggy version of the server, what about using DB_ONLY mode?

I don't see any errors in the log. And actually, that's the only bug left
preventing our migration from 1.5 to 3.1. And I'd say, DB_ONLY is not an
option, should be a lot less performant than if Kamailio keeps the state in
memory (although I haven't benchmarked it).

Other ideas?

Best regards,
Sebastian

--
Dipl.-Inf.
Sebastian Damm - VoIP-Engineer - damm at sipgate.de

sipgate GmbH - Gladbacher Str. 74 - 40219 Düsseldorf
HRB Düsseldorf 39841 - Geschäftsführer: Thilo Salmon, Tim Mois
Steuernummer: 106/5724/7147, Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE219349391

www.sipgate.de - www.sipgate.at - www.sipgate.co.uk