[SR-Users] Dumping Online Users stops at 2000 records

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Aug 17 11:33:28 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 17 August 2011, Sebastian Damm wrote:
> we have a script running on our Kamailio servers which dumps all online
> users with kamctl ul show, parses it and then sends it to database. (For
> explanation, we started doing it this way because we noticed at least with
> an older (open)ser release that SER would completely stop working for a
> couple of seconds while writing registered users to database every 5
> minutes. When dumping it, we don't see any disruption.)

Hi Sebastian,

what about fixing this bug instead of using this workaround? This sounds
really inefficient.

> With Kamailio 1.5 this works, with Kamailio 3.1 it works in the beginning,
> but when you pass the 2000 online user mark, it just stops working.
>
> I've started the Kamailio completely empty, then let users register against
> it. I did a "kamctl ul show" every 5 seconds, this is what the results
> were:
>
> Domain:: location table=512 records=82 max_slot=2
> [..]
>  500 command 'ul_dump' failed
>
> Is there a hard limit for dumping users through the fifo? Why? Or should we
> do it differently?

I don't think there is a hard limit. Do you see any errors (e.g. memory
allocation issues) in the server logs? Another idea, if you're somehow stuck
to the old/ buggy version of the server, what about using DB_ONLY mode?

Best regards,

Henning