[SR-Users] Persistent dialog

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at aholab.ehu.es
Tue Aug 16 18:14:12 CEST 2011

El Tue, 16 Aug 2011 18:03:48 +0200
Timo Reimann <timo.reimann at 1und1.de> escribió:

> Hey,

> > root at proxy1a:~# grep "fbrzjkplmvlauty at quenya" /var/log/kamailio.log
> > New request - M=INVITE
> > Dialog set mark TOTAL
> > Proxy authentication failed
> > New request - M=INVITE
> > Dialog set mark TOTAL
>
> [snip!]
>

> > While the call was being stablished or just after it was dropped (quickly)
> > sercmd> dlg.list
> >
> > hash:3837:638039689 state:1 timestart:0 timeout:0
> >
> > hash:3837:638039690 state:5 timestart:0 timeout:0
> >
> > After a couple of minutes:
> >
> > hash:3837:638039689 state:1 timestart:0 timeout:0
> >

> Looks pretty much like two dialog entries were created for the same
> dialog. One of them got cleaned up nicely on call termination while the
> other one keeps dangling until the dialog timer kicks in (12 hours in
> your case).
>
> Most notably, this situation may happen when spiraling calls without
> using the spiral detection feature in the dialog module. (A spiral is a
> scenario where a proxy is processing the same request twice, e.g., to
> implement call forwardings.) Did you possibly toggle the default spiral
> detection setting from enabled to disabled?

No I didn't

Here's the dialog modparams:

modparam("dialog","dlg_flag", 9)
modparam("dialog","profiles_no_value","total ;emergency")
modparam("dialog","profiles_with_value","peer ; user ; type ; peerout ;
userout")

Maybe setting the dialog to TOTAL twice is the problem? I set it before proxy
authentication. I asume that dialog is erased when sending the 407 back and a
new one is created for the second INVITE.

> If that's not the case: Can you check the Kamailio logs for any
> suspicious dialog-related log messages, particularly those with WARN or
> higher log verbosity?

I'll increase kamailio's loglevel and reproduce the call. I'll send any WARN or
above message related to this.

cheers,

Jon