[SR-Users] Persistent dialog

Timo Reimann timo.reimann at 1und1.de
Tue Aug 16 18:03:48 CEST 2011

Hey,

On 16.08.2011 17:43, Jon Bonilla wrote:
> After configured the proxy I've tested a call and I realize that the dialog
> list is not empty after the call ends.
>
> Here's a sample call log and the dialog list while the call was being
> stablished and 3 minutes after that:
>
> root at proxy1a:~# grep "fbrzjkplmvlauty at quenya" /var/log/kamailio.log
> New request - M=INVITE
> Dialog set mark TOTAL
> Proxy authentication failed
> New request - M=INVITE
> Dialog set mark TOTAL

[snip!]

> While the call was being stablished or just after it was dropped (quickly)
> sercmd> dlg.list
>
> hash:3837:638039689 state:1 timestart:0 timeout:0
>
> hash:3837:638039690 state:5 timestart:0 timeout:0
>
> After a couple of minutes:
>
> hash:3837:638039689 state:1 timestart:0 timeout:0
>

> Obviously, there's no such a call. But my dialog profile TOTOAL say's
> there's
> one, which is listed by sercmd. The dialog is persistent, I guess it will be
> destroyed after 12 hours, but I'd like to know why it's still there if I
> received a negative response and the ACK for it.

Looks pretty much like two dialog entries were created for the same
dialog. One of them got cleaned up nicely on call termination while the
other one keeps dangling until the dialog timer kicks in (12 hours in
your case).

Most notably, this situation may happen when spiraling calls without
using the spiral detection feature in the dialog module. (A spiral is a
scenario where a proxy is processing the same request twice, e.g., to
implement call forwardings.) Did you possibly toggle the default spiral
detection setting from enabled to disabled?

If that's not the case: Can you check the Kamailio logs for any
suspicious dialog-related log messages, particularly those with WARN or
higher log verbosity?

Cheers,

--Timo