[SR-Users] kamailio - proxy/relay

Sunny no7find at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:37:22 CEST 2011

On 14 July 2011 00:36, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net> wrote:

> 2011/7/14 Sunny <no7find at gmail.com>:
> > but not in this:
> > [UA] <-- [KAMAILIO] <-- [IP-PBX  ]
> > because Kamailio is not keeping the location of the UA.
> >
> > I want to register UA's on Kamailio, but the authentication is done by
> > [IP-PBX]...
> > So Kamailio as Outbound Proxy + Location Server ... any idea on how I can
> > achieve this configuration?
>
> Use Path mechanism so Kamailio would add a "Path" header in the
> REGISTER before relaying it to the PBX. But the PBX MUST support Path
> mechanism (RFC 3327).
>
> Anyhow, for sure you would do much better by making Kamailio also
> acting as a registrar. Why do you need the PBX to be the registrar?
>
> --
> Iñaki Baz Castillo
> <ibc at aliax.net>

Yes I want to make it as a register but I don't want to store authentication
information in the kamailio.
So any REGISTER request is forwarded to the PBX.

No.     Time        Source                Destination           Protocol
Info
     14 2.513377    [UA]                  [KAMAILIO]            SIP
Request: REGISTER sip:[KAMAILIO]
     15 2.513768    [KAMAILIO]            [UA]                  SIP
     21 2.581165    [KAMAILIO]            [IP_PBX]              SIP
Request: REGISTER sip:[IP_PBX]:5060

Is it possible to do this in kamailio?