[SR-Users] Balancing incoming traffic (DID)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 13:01:21 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 7/28/11 1:31 AM, Anto wrote:
> Hello
>
> It presents a problem because I do not know how to assimilate the
> implementation. Until now we had a design of a proxy to balance out
> between several gateway, but it will add another proxy for another
> service (other users) and use the same gateway output or perhaps
> different (although not that be better if divide or unify the
> gateway). The problem as I have with the routing entry, which is not
> very well how to implement it.
>
> Now we have the design like this:
>
>                                             -GW ----\
>                                           /                 - CARRIER1
> USER ------ KAMAILIO -----  GW ---- +
>                                           \                 - CARRIER2
>                                             -GW ----/
>
> And becomes like this:
>
>                                                               -GW ----\
>                                                           /
>         - CARRIER1
> USER ------ KAMAILIOSERVICE1 -----  GW ---- +
>                                                           \
>          - CARRIER2
>                                                              -GW ----/
>
>                                                               -GW ----\
>                                                            /
>         - CARRIER1
> USER ------ KAMAILIOSERVICE2 -----  GW ---- +
>                                                             \
>          - CARRIER2
>                                                               -GW ----/
>

> Or maybe using the same gateway.
>
> The problem is that each carrier provides DID number (I use the same
> for both services). Kamailio had thought to put a gateway between the
> carriers and that they did check the service and send it to the
> corresponding gateway (in the case of the gateway separately), or put
> it in the proxy gateway and making checking for routing to proxy (in
> the case of using the same gateway). What would be better? Any
> recommendations on how to put this into practice?.
>
> The biggest question that I believe is the routing table, as if this
> new proxy routes the traffic into and leaves her in the field via ip,
> also pass through the output data (I have doubts whether SIP level,
> following standard, you can not pass through the exit) and want it to
> be direct (USER -> Proxy -> GW -> CARRIER), just past the entrance.
>
> Anyone could advise me where I could find more information to set up
> this scenario?. thanks and sorry for bothering you with this question
> ;-).
unfortunately I was not able to understand exactly what you are looking
for. Are you asking hints about the best way to route calls from
carriers towards users? If you control the gateways, then you can
instruct there where to send the calls based on DID. Otherwise, both
kamailio instances can have some did map (for example using mtree
module) and route locally through location or send the calls to the
other kamailio instance.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 10-13, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat