[SR-Users] perlvdb error

Roman Yeryomin leroi.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 12:49:46 CEST 2011

On 18 April 2011 12:52, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 4/18/11 11:28 AM, Roman Yeryomin wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm trying to use perlvdb module but seems that it's not working.
>> Seems that needed functions are not exported correctly:
>>
>> kamailio[11525]: ERROR:<core>  [db.c:79]: module db_perlvdb does not
>> export db_use_table function
>>
>> Looking at perlvdb.c one can see that module exports it's functions as
>> "perlvdb", not "db_perlvdb". But changing "perlvdb" to "db_perlvdb"
>> results in segfault when running:
>>
>> kamailio[31336]: segfault at 1 ip b7365e3a sp bfa82fb0 error 4 in
>> perlvdb.so[b7362000+6000]
>>
>> Do I misunderstand something completely or there is a bug?
>> Anyone actually tried using this module or it just sits there forgotten?
>
> out of curiosity, why are you using it? The module pretty much sits there,
> apart of the original developer that did it for diploma thesis I haven't
> seen much activity around the module.

I'm using it because I need to tie auth to custom storage (actually
json-rpc requests to billing system).
Probably I can use lua but not sure and perlvdb concept is pretty
nice. Any other ideas how to do this?

> How to you set the db_url parameters for this module? You know that you have
> to code in perl the DB API commands in perl for particular modules before
> using it, right?

yes, for now I just use examples provided
db_url is set like this:
modparam("auth_db", "db_url", "perlvdb:OpenSER::VDB::Adapter::Auth")

> When you get the segfault, do you get a core dump? If yes, send the
> backtrace. I will try to help if it proves to go easy, otherwise you have to
> dig yourself in the sources of the module, the original developer changed
> job and is no longer in VoIP business :-) ...

coredump? easy :)
you can pick core file itself here (it's pretty heavy to send to the list):
http://83.99.159.113/core.kamailio.20110418-1331

What do you mean by backtrace? log output or strace output?

Regards,
Roman