[SR-Users] perlvdb error

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 11:52:10 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 4/18/11 11:28 AM, Roman Yeryomin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to use perlvdb module but seems that it's not working.
> Seems that needed functions are not exported correctly:
>
> kamailio[11525]: ERROR:<core>  [db.c:79]: module db_perlvdb does not
> export db_use_table function
>
> Looking at perlvdb.c one can see that module exports it's functions as
> "perlvdb", not "db_perlvdb". But changing "perlvdb" to "db_perlvdb"
> results in segfault when running:
>
> kamailio[31336]: segfault at 1 ip b7365e3a sp bfa82fb0 error 4 in
> perlvdb.so[b7362000+6000]
>
> Do I misunderstand something completely or there is a bug?
> Anyone actually tried using this module or it just sits there forgotten?
out of curiosity, why are you using it? The module pretty much sits
there, apart of the original developer that did it for diploma thesis I
haven't seen much activity around the module.

How to you set the db_url parameters for this module? You know that you
have to code in perl the DB API commands in perl for particular modules
before using it, right?

When you get the segfault, do you get a core dump? If yes, send the
backtrace. I will try to help if it proves to go easy, otherwise you
have to dig yourself in the sources of the module, the original
developer changed job and is no longer in VoIP business :-) ...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com