[SR-Users] Registrar Server, location and auth_db table

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Apr 11 10:51:08 CEST 2011

On Sunday 10 April 2011, Santiago Soares wrote:
> I'm trying to use kamailio 1.5.3 as a registrar server. I have a table
> on my db that contains all user information, like username, password,
> expire time and ip address, so kamailio should use the same table to
> authenticate users AND save their location.
> The problem is that kamailio complains about table version when
> starts. It expects a different version number for location table and
> auth_db table. Is there any way I could use the same table for both
> functions? I'd appreciate any help!

Hi Santiago,

so you want to store subscriber data (which is mostly read-only) in the same
table as location data (which gets updated frequently)? I don't think this is
a good idea. Furthermore booth tables are not really compatible, you probably
need to change something in the code to be able to do this.

If you need to present this data in one point, what about just using the two
standard tables and then creating a view that presents it appropriately?

Cheers,

Henning