[SR-Users] help testing 3.1

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 14:49:08 CEST 2010

  Hello,

before any major release of kamailio (openser), we install and run it
live on voipuser.org sip service. It runs there for more than two weeks
now, it even survived a 18 hours scan attack (approx 12.5 mio requests
"with love from Latvia" - I will write an article about it), so it looks
very solid.

However, there are two features were enabled for this version and are
not really heavily used yet: tls and presence/xcap.

So if you don't plan to test by yourself a local instance of version 3.1
and have time, then maybe you can help by registering some phones at
voipuser.org and play a bit there -- it will be very appreciated to
report if works for you.

If you dont have an account there or don't know about it, some details
here: VoIPUser.org is hosting also our kamailio (openser) forum for many
many years now, the service is open and free, when you register at
http://www.voipuser.org for the forum, you get a sip account as well
(there are some goodies included, like incoming UK did and INUM).

For tls:
- just configure your phone to use tls - if you need it, the port for
tls is 5061. For example, with snom 370 you have to set the outbound
proxy address to: sip.voipuser.org;transport=tls.

For presence/xcap:
- you can test if you have clients supporting SIMPLE presence in
Presence Agent mode (not end-to-end mode)
- the embedded xcap server is enabled, you have to set the xcap root url
to http://sip.voipuser.org:5060/xcap-root or
https://sip.voipuser.org:5061/xcap-root . Authentication for xcap
service is done using same sip username and password

Thanks,

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com