[SR-Users] [sr-dev] rtpproxy (k): removal of force_rtpproxy

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 17:53:29 CEST 2010

On 9/21/10 5:42 PM, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
> force_rtp_proxy does not handle properly 200ok/ACK renegotiation (the
> s flag is obsolete).
> I am using offer/answer (the new rtpproxy module) in bridging mode
> without any issues.
> Migrating from force_rtp_proxy to offer/answer model is quite straight forward.
>
> Maintaing both force rtp and ofer/answer is just extra work load
> (given the fact that both are just wrappers around a single function).
> I would go for a clean layout ... but ... Vox Populi, Vox Dei :)
Good to know that you tested and you are probably right regarding the code.

There won't be more load if we remove with next version -- as now we are
in testing phase, once 3.1 is released, we can drop it from master branch.

I will look over it and push it with default config in 3.1 -- somehow I
missed the fact that 's' was deprecated, because I never used it :-)

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com