[SR-Users] rtpproxy (k): removal of force_rtpproxy

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Sep 21 17:23:18 CEST 2010

On 09/21/2010 11:12 AM, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to propose the removal of force_rtp_proxy function from
> the rtpproxy (k) module.
> Instead, the rtpproxy_offer/rtpproxy_answer should be used.
>
> Why?
>   - force_rtp_proxy no longer support 200ok/ACK SDP negotiation ('s'
> flag was deprecated);
>   - all functionality of force_rtp_proxy  is provided by
> rtpproxy_offer/rtpproxy_answer;
>   - rtpproxy_offer/rtpproxy_answer is easier to use in the config.

My objection is rooted in the fact that last time I had tried to use
these functions (about 3 months ago), they still simply did not work.
  I had to use force_rtp_proxy() to achieve the desired effect.

I don't remember at the moment, offhand, exactly the respects in which
they didn't work.  But I've complained about it on the sr-users and
Kamailio-users list a number of times, most notably in October or
November 2009.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC