[SR-Users] help with tls error :sslv3 alert bad certificate

peter_green lion betergreen at live.com
Mon Sep 13 17:27:45 CEST 2010

> Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:00:16 +0200
> To: betergreen at live.com
> CC: sr-users at lists.sip-router.org
> Subject: Re: [SR-Users] help with tls error :sslv3 alert bad certificate
>

> Am 13.09.2010 12:44, schrieb peter_green lion:
> >
> > hi Klaus and all,
> > i thing this is bug in openssl, becau i have just install kamailio with
> > tls support in ubuntu server which OS have openssl version 0.9.8k,
> > and i have result as:
> >
> > sip client can register with server via tls support(sometime it work and
> > some time it cannot work, or it can register when i restart kamail io)
> >
> > if it can register, i can make call but when callee answer, caller
> > change to connect , but callee continue ringring.
> > if callee reject call, caller change to destination busy.
> >
> > i can recognize what problem, please suggest ?
>
> I think this are normal NAT/TCP problems.
>
> First you should try with TCP. Unless TCP works fine you SHOULD NOT test
> with TLS as TLS will not work too.
>
> Make sure SIP over TCP works fine - e.g call fix_nated_contact() in your
> config just as you would do NAT traversal (even if you do not have NATs)
>
> regards
> klaus

Dear Klaus,
i have do that first, i try with TCP and it works very good, my server and client in the same net work. But i change it to TLS, the problem was found.
so i wonder why it is.  and i mail to you who have more experience to fix it.
and when caller call callee, i use ngrep to catch package through port 5060/5061 I see the TLS package, it is not a sip message. so I thing the problem is futher.and only 3CX phone can register with my server.

thanks for help me.
best regards.
Peter Green.