[SR-Users] error when install kamailio with TLS module.

peter_green lion betergreen at live.com
Fri Sep 3 11:15:52 CEST 2010

> From: henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
> To: sr-users at lists.sip-router.org
> Subject: Re: [SR-Users] error when install kamailio with TLS module.
> Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 09:47:15 +0200
> CC: betergreen at live.com
>
> On Friday 03 September 2010, peter_green lion wrote:
> > I try to install kamailio with enable TLS module, but it raise error.
> > when i enable module TLS and run command make all,make install, the error
> >  is :
> >
> > #make install
> >
> > Makefile.defs defs skipped
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kamailio-3.0.1/modules/tls'
> > MAIN_NAME=kamailio ./sip-router_cert.sh -d /usr/local/etc/kamailio/
> > hostname: Unknown host
> > ./sip-router_cert.sh: line 142: which: command not found
> > Could not find openssl command
> > Set OPENSSL environment variable properly (see -h for more info)
> > [..]
> > please help me find and fix this problem,
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> you don't have openssl installed on the machine, or its not in the default
> path. Either install it, or set the OPENSSL variable to the proper location of
> the binary. Just run this command to get more informations:
>
> ~/projects/sip-router/modules/tls$ ./sip-router_cert.sh -h
> NAME
>   sip-router_cert.sh - Generate a self-signed TLS/SSL certificate for use with
> sip-router.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Henning

hi Henning,
i have run command to check:
yum install openssl
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Package openssl - 0.9.8e-12.el5_4.6.i686 is already installed.
Nothing to do

[root at appliance kamailio-3.0.2]# yum install openssl-dev
 * base: mirror-fpt-telecom.fpt.net
 * updates: mirror-fpt-telecom.fpt.net
 * addons: mirror-fpt-telecom.fpt.net
 * extras: mirror-fpt-telecom.fpt.net
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
No package openssl-dev available.

and :

[root at appliance tls]# ./sip-router_cert.sh -h
NAME
  sip-router_cert.sh - Generate a self-signed TLS/SSL certificate for use with sip-router.

SYNOPSIS
  sip-router_cert.sh [options]

i run command again : make install

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kamailio-3.0.2/modules/tls'
MAIN_NAME=kamailio ./sip-router_cert.sh -d /usr/local/etc/kamailio/
./sip-router_cert.sh: line 142: which: command not found
Could not find openssl command
Set OPENSSL environment variable properly (see -h for more info)
make[1]: *** [install-tls-cert] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kamailio-3.0.2/modules/tls'
make: *** [install-modules] Error 1

so, please suggest me to fix it.

thanks.
peter green