[SR-Users] Avoid resolving names by DNS

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Sep 1 17:12:41 CEST 2010

Unless Kamailio implements its own DNS query mechanism, it should use
the system library's resolver, which hits /etc/hosts as well.  It
works for me to use hostnames only in /etc/hosts in my dispatcher list.

Failing that, however, you can run a DNS cache locally like pdnsd or
dnsmasq.  Pdnsd in particular can source from /etc/hosts, and you can
put it in your /etc/resolv.conf as a nameserver.