[SR-Users] Billing party and radius accounting

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 11:11:22 CEST 2010

Hello,

On 10/28/10 6:53 PM, Efelin Novak wrote:
> Unfortunately I was wrong about variables ($var). They are same across
> whole kamailio process. Neither $avp is good for me as they are
> transaction aware. I need to store variable in the current dialog. I
> was looking into dialog module, but no luck. I wasn't able to make
> dialog variables $dlg and $dlg-ctx work. Are they appropriate in this
> situation? Can you please give here some examples how to use them in
> configuration file?

do you pass the 302 to caller? If so, then not even the dialog helps
you, because the caller will start a new call, previous one is ended
once 302 is sent out by the server.

There is htable module that can be used to store data in shared memory
-- for a dialog, you can use callid plus some id as key (e.g.,
$sht(a=>$ci::billing) ). But for this case does not help.

If you handle 302 on the server, then you can use $avp(...), because the
transaction is kept until there is a final reply from the redirected
address.

> Regards,
>
> Efelin
> 2010/10/28 Efelin Novak <efelin.novak at gmail.com
> <mailto:efelin.novak at gmail.com>>
>
>     O, actually I have just found out that variables
>     are stored across whole call. Thank you for your answers.
>
>     Regards,
>     Efelin
>
>     2010/10/28 Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com <mailto:jh at tutpro.com>>
>
>         Efelin Novak writes:
>

>         > The request uri after redirect will be UserC at another_domain.
>         I have to store
>         > the original request_uri(UserB at my_domain) and after
>         redirect, insert it to
>         > Billing Party header in radius message.
>
>         yes, i had a typo in my answer.  you, of course, need to use
>         request uri
>         before redirect as your billing uri.  i wonder why you asked,
>         when you
>         knew the answer yourself.
>
>         -- juha

Daniel-Constantin Mierla