[SR-Users] SIP application type

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 10:31:35 CEST 2010

On 10/27/10 1:01 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2010/10/27 Daniel-Constantin Mierla<miconda at gmail.com>:
>> if you need to store video/audio, then you need to check the sdp of 200ok
>> and look for videa media stream. If found, sent an AVP saying it is video
>> call and configure acc module to store it via an extra accounting detail.
> Hi, I don't think a proxy could inspect such information in a reliable way:
>
> - The SDP could contain various streams (video, audio, msrp....).
> - The SDP response could accept/deny some of these streams.
> - Some streams could be changed/replaced in a re-INVITE or UPDATE
> method (and their responses).
>
> So IMHO is much better to retrieve such information in the media
> server itself (if it exists).
yes, but in the case you don't have media server, then sdp is the only way.

I know that some streams can be denied, but if they exists in sdp of
200ok, then they are the ones accepted.

Personally, charging end-to-end sip session based on content is never
something safe. But if really needed, there can be a trade-off with data
taken from signaling.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com