[SR-Users] provoke delay?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 17:42:26 CEST 2010

On 10/26/10 5:34 PM, "Nicolas Rüger" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thank you. I see the problem with the worker processes now. I had a look at PIKE module and RATELIMIT module as well.
>
> My idea was to delay the call WITHOUT sending any reply-message to the caller, as I wanted to save performance and I can identify suspicios users by a reputation that I compute before.
>
> It seems the only way to do so, might be to store the INVITE information somewhere and keep on routing it again after a certain timeout.
>
> Do you agree?
there is support in the code to suspend the transaction and resume the
processing, iirc, look in tm module for t_suspend() function.

Right now you can do following:
- set timeout to 30 sec
- set failure route timeout
- send the invite via udp to a invalid destination (e.g., your ip port 9)
- when the 30sec will pass, the failure route timeout will be executed
and you can do further routing.

Drawbacks - for the 30sec tm will do retransmission. To avoid that, run
another kamailio on a different port where you send the invite and reply
back 100 trying so first kamailio stops the retransmission.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com