[SR-Users] [OT] Fwd: [dispatch] proposed SIXPAC charter

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Oct 21 18:16:37 CEST 2010

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

> This is sorted out by location server. iirc, you implemented the
> filtering based on allowed methods.

yes, that takes care of sending subscribe to ua that does not support
it.  the sad thing is that there are UAs on the marker that don't
advertise their supported methods in register request.

> Going beyond the above consideration where a solution already exists and
> it is in place for many years, my concern was how long pay-per-volume
> will last thinking of current smart phone market pressure that worth to
> make a complex design costing fortunes to implement (e.g., IMS) and how
> much will turn in profit for a narrow niche.

just today i heard in radio news that some operators who currently have
flat rate data service are planning to go for metered one.  they claim
that with current flat rates, it is not possible to keep on upgrading
mobile network capacity.  i don't think that vodafone, for example, is
offering flat rate data service anywhere in the world.  i hope that i'm
wrong, but i would not at this stage count on flat rate mobile data.
and it is not just the cost, i simply don't want to get SIP spammed by
unauthorized sources.

-- juha