[SR-Users] [OT] Fwd: [dispatch] proposed SIXPAC charter

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 17:53:23 CEST 2010

On 10/21/10 5:35 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> I send to you because you asked. If you don't subscribe to that
>> resource, I don't send it.
> if all intelligence is in the UA, how about subscriptions themselves?
> do i need to receive them even when my UA does not implement SUBSCRIBE
> request or i don't want to get spammed by them from unknown sources?

This is sorted out by location server. iirc, you implemented the
filtering based on allowed methods.
> in my opinion, some control in the network is useful especially when i
> have to pay per volume on my mobile device.
Going beyond the above consideration where a solution already exists and
it is in place for many years, my concern was how long pay-per-volume
will last thinking of current smart phone market pressure that worth to
make a complex design costing fortunes to implement (e.g., IMS) and how
much will turn in profit for a narrow niche.

There are other services sending shorter or longer notifications heavily
used on mobiles, e.g., twitter, facebook. People are using them more
than any presence system. Skype is largely used as well, with no
intelligence in the network for processing the content.

Therefore, in the context of Inaki's building new specs for presence,
the near future predictions and current market trends must play a major
role.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com