[SR-Users] redirect on register

Nick Olkin nick.olkin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 15:43:44 CEST 2010

Hi all!

I need to implement a kind of Location Server. The idea behind is to
process the REGISTER messages and analyze the source IP address of the
packet and reply with the "302 Moved Temporarily" message.

What I want to achieve - provide the SIP client with the "nearest"
point to use for registration and further communications.

The possible approach is:
1. make some list of available registrars/SBC's mapped to appropriate
IP (sub)networks.
2. configure SER to process REGISTER messages and reply with "302
Moved Temporarily" having the IP or name of "nearest" point in Contact
field.

Does anybody have any ideas on possible implementations (with SER or
perhaps with some other tools)?

Thanks a lot!

PS. At this moment I can certainly send  "302 Moved Temporarily" on
REGISTER with SER, but I have no idea on how to insert correct Contact
header, so my SIP client just stops registering.