[SR-Users] Dispatcher is using gateways in Probing mode

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 21:14:03 CET 2010

Hi Alex,

dispatcher module does not send new invites to inactive gateways. But in
case a destination became inactive while some INVITEs were already
through dispatcher, these recent inactive gateways may still be used for
them.

Regarding the probing mode, dispatcher will never select a probing
gateway as first option to route the call, but they are kept as
alternative. This is the current implementation, we may add a module
parameter to skip gateways in probing mode even for secondary alternatives.

Non-responsive gateways change the state after a while, see:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules_k/dispatcher.html#id2567110

On 11/12/10 12:58 PM, alex pappas wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Does anyone can explain how Dispatcher module is sending calls to the
> gateways in the different states?
>
> I mean if I have 3 gateways and the one of them is in Probing mode why
> Dispatcher is continuing sending there calls? Why this gateway is not
> changing from Probing to Inactive since is not replaying to OPTIONS
> messages send by Kamailio?
>
> Configuration:
>
> modparam("dispatcher", "flags", 2)
> modparam("dispatcher", "ds_ping_interval", 5)
> modparam("dispatcher", "ds_probing_mode", 1)
> modparam("dispatcher", "ds_probing_threshhold", 2)
> modparam("dispatcher", "dst_avp", "$avp(s:dst_avp)")
> modparam("dispatcher", "grp_avp", "$avp(dsgrp)")
> modparam("dispatcher", "cnt_avp", "$avp(i:202)")
> modparam("dispatcher", "ds_append_branch", 0)
>
> using db for gw:
>
> setid 123,destination sip:xxx.xxxx.xxx, flag 0 ...
>
> in ROUTE:
> if(ds_select_domain("$avp(s:disp_dstgrp)", "4"))
>
> in Failure Route
>
> if(!ds_next_domain())
>
> I want Dispatcher when it sees a node gateway that is dead , to Not
> send any other calls.
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Alex

Daniel-Constantin Mierla