[SR-Users] Need help in routing configuration

Nelson Pereira npereira at protus.com
Thu May 20 15:41:06 CEST 2010

This is exactly what I am doing.

I have this Asterisk/Kamailio as a host on an ESX server.
The host has 2 interfaces, eth0 and eth1, see bellow, the interface config:

root at qa-qsuitePBX-01:~# more /etc/network/interfaces

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 10.98.6.5
        netmask 255.255.254.0
        network 10.98.6.0
        broadcast 10.98.7.255
        gateway 10.98.6.1

# The secondary network interface
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
        address 10.98.6.6
        netmask 255.255.254.0
        network 10.98.6.0
        broadcast 10.98.7.255
        gateway 10.98.6.1

up route add -net 10.98.118.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw 10.98.6.1 dev eth1

I do not see the invites going from 6.5 to 6.6 then 118.20

So trying to dummy this down to 1 interface and use different ports.
But my problem is I don't know what and where to setup aech app (asterisk and Kamailio) to be on separate ports, and make sure the route in Kamailio is correct.

Nelson Pereira