[Kamailio-Users] Stateless failover

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Mar 11 22:11:14 CET 2010

2010/3/11 Santiago Soares <santiagosoares at gmail.com>:
> says I can't use forward(), for failover, I have to use t_relay, which
> means that the server must be statefull.
> But the thing is, i wouldn't like to maintain transactions state in
> the server, due to the high memory usage.
> Is it true? Can't I have failover support with forward()?

If yoou want Kamailio to perform failover you need it to be
transaction stateful, if not Kamailio has no information about hte
request when it receives a 500/503 so can not dispatch it to other
server (failover).

Load balancing is possible in stateless mode as it just involves
sending the requests to different servers randomly.

Also, are you sure you need it to be stateless? TM performance is very
good and it's mostly used.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>