[SR-Users] Question about rate limiting a subscriber

Stagg Shelton stagg at vocalcloud.com
Thu Jun 24 15:42:16 CEST 2010

I have a customer who has just started operating a dialer.  Over the
past couple of days this dialer has been creating some minor issues with
our US48 termination.  We are currently running Server:: Kamailio
(1.5.1-notls (x86_64/linux)).

I would like to limit on a subscriber by subscriber basis the amount of
outgoing calls per second that they can do.  I am reading through the
ratelimit module documentation, but haven't been able to determine if I
can use it to limit one particular subscriber outgoing activity.  I have
also looked at the pike module, and think that I may be able to use it
in order to limit calls per second by IP.  Does anyone have any
recommendations, suggestions, or examples that can be used to control
the calls per second based on the kamailio subscriber name.

Stagg Shelton
VocalCloud