[SR-Users] Perl Code Execution via kamailio.cfg fails

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Jul 14 15:41:02 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 14 July 2010, Nicolas Rüger wrote:
> as I didn't know how to create logfiles I used "Wireshark" to log all
>  data-packages.

Hello Nicolas,

so you capture the syslog packages on a network level? I see. :-) Then they
should end up somewhere in /var/log/ - if i think it should be possible to
specify a certain log target and match this in your logging configuration.

>  I use 2 local sip-clients (pjsip) calling each other for
>  testing the behavior. Therefore I'm sure that the INVITE is sent by one
>  client and replied by the other client. I even get an RTP session running
>  between them.

Ok, fine. But the question is, if the call is routed over kamailio? :-)

> For testing I uncommented the if-statement, so that the exec-command will
>  be used in every case (see the following lines). Unfortunately it still
>  won't work. Any other ideas?
>
> Where can I find any logfiles logging information while kamailio is
>  running, when I insert the following lines for example?
>
>   log("mylog before perl execution\n");
>   perl_exec("myprint");
>   log("mylog after perl execution\n");

On my system (ubuntu) they are located in /var/log/syslog.

Henning