[SR-Users] Kamailio integration - Registration issue

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Wed Jul 7 01:46:36 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 06 July 2010 22:44:29 Lucas Alvarez wrote:
> Thank you Michael for you answer, but does kamailio have any method to
> resend all the registrations again?

No, also if you are asking that, that means that you don't know how SIP works,
so please first take a  time to investigate how SIP works before doing that
kind of answers.

> In the asterisk list will appear someone else thinking that this a
> competition and will tell me go and ask to kamailio list.

That would mean that you have reach someone ALSO without knowleadge about how
SIP works, that's all.

> It has more sense that kamailio could resend all the registration than
> making an script from asterisk side, connect to database, check who is
> registered and fake all the registrations, that is the reason I'm
> asking here, but it's ok, if I had to ask to the asterisk list if
> kamailio has such method I will, I hope Iñaki doesn't popup to told to
> come here :)

It have no sense at all ... Kamailio only forward your request, it could
not "re-register" or "fake-register" your UAC's agains your Asterisk boxes
without knowing all the passwords of the UAC's, also it would have to behave
as every UAC that was registered (that means, faking it's IP's, contact
uri's, ports, etc.), because REGISTERing it's not only a matter of seding a
request, you must take into account the replies and so on.

So, again ... please, FIRST read, read, re-read, re-re-read, about how SIP
works, then come back with a smarter question and i'm sure you will get the
help you need.

Best regards
--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana