[SR-Users] using avpops for querying an external db on kamailio 3.0.2

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Jul 1 06:04:35 CEST 2010

On 06/30/2010 11:44 PM, yaron nahcum wrote:

> 1. It says that it is possible to use psuedo variables in the query. How
> is it done? I would like to make a query of the from username.

Just include them straight in the literal query:

    sql_query("ca", "SELECT * FROM users WHERE username = '$fU'",
              "ra");

> 2. If I query the whole column how can I look for a specific value? The
> only way is to go over all the values with a loop?

Generally, you should not be _searching_ for specific values in query
results;  you should just design your query to constrain for the
criteria you want.

If you specifically need to _iterate_, rather than _search_, over the
returned values, yes, you will need to use an array index, e.g.

    sql_query("ca", "SELECT ...", "ra");

    $var(idx) = $dbr(ra=>rows) - 1;

    while($var(idx) >= 0) {
        $(avp(s:rowset)[$var(idx)]) = $dbr(ra=>row[0,N]);
        $var(idx) = $var(idx) + 1;
    }

--
Alex Balashov - Principal