[Kamailio-Users] alias_db: append_branches and dialog

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 17:01:54 CET 2010

Hello,

On 2/3/10 2:46 PM, Martin Koenig wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> two questions regarding alias_db:
>
> 1) How do I make use of the append_branches function of alias_db? Trying to
> insert two or more aliases is not possible in the current db layout (
> UNIQUE KEY `alias_idx` (`alias_username`,`alias_domain`) ). The idea was to
> enable simple db-based parallel branching ("group call") via alias_db by
> inserting one or more users to one alias. This seems not possible.

just drop that constraint, it is not used inside the code, everything
should work then. Probably has to be removed from table definition to
have the feature working.

> 2) Use of alias_db "breaks" presence_dialog, because dialog matching is
> based on from / to header (instead from / final AoR after alias_db_lookup()
> ), thus presence_dialog events cannot be created and PUBLISHed to end
> devices. I was wondering whether it would be sufficient to uac_replace_from
> in branch_route[] before the final t_relay work around this, or if there is
> another solution out there?

I think this was fixed in kamailio 3.0.0. In 1.5 the dialog structure
didn't hold the r-uri. Can you test with 3.0?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
eLearning class for Kamailio 3.0.0
Starting Feb 8, 2010
* http://www.asipto.com/