[Kamailio-Users] alias_db: append_branches and dialog

Martin Koenig koenig at starface.de
Wed Feb 3 14:46:47 CET 2010

Hello all,

two questions regarding alias_db:

1) How do I make use of the append_branches function of alias_db? Trying to
insert two or more aliases is not possible in the current db layout (
UNIQUE KEY `alias_idx` (`alias_username`,`alias_domain`) ). The idea was to
enable simple db-based parallel branching ("group call") via alias_db by
inserting one or more users to one alias. This seems not possible.

2) Use of alias_db "breaks" presence_dialog, because dialog matching is
based on from / to header (instead from / final AoR after alias_db_lookup()
), thus presence_dialog events cannot be created and PUBLISHed to end
devices. I was wondering whether it would be sufficient to uac_replace_from
in branch_route[] before the final t_relay work around this, or if there is
another solution out there?

Many thanks and best regards,
Martin