[Kamailio-Users] append_rpid_hf add privacy?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 22:07:13 CET 2010

On 2/2/10 3:08 PM, alex pappas wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> What i want to implement is when a call comes with an avp=1 then this
> call should not present the calling number. From examples I saw it
> looks like I need to add an extra header, with :
> append_rpid_hf("sip",
> "$ru;party=calling;id-type=subscriber;privacy=off;screen=no");
>
> I don't understand for what stands the rpid even I'm reading about it:
>
> _The SIP Remote-Party-ID header identifies the calling party and
> includes user, party, screen and privacy headers that specify how a
> call is presented and screened. _
>
> I mean what value I should add in subscriber table if the call is
> coming from an IP address and from a particular number?
>
> I'm loading now the rpid:
> modparam("auth_db", "load_credentials", "rpid")
> but I don't understand how it works :-(
do you have something in the column 'rpid' of subscriber table for
caller record?

However, with the example above of what you want to try, you add request
uri in the RPID, which is destination not caller (it is called party not
calling party).

If you just need to take calling number and add it to RPID, try:

append_hf("<$fu>;party=calling;id-type=subscriber;privacy=off;screen=no\r\n");

You do not need values in subscriber table. Beware that RPID works only
with some gateways, if you need full privacy, is better to replace the
from URI with anonymous.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
eLearning class for Kamailio 3.0.0
Starting Feb 8, 2010