[SR-Users] some issues with database initialization (berkeley/txt)

Noa Resare noa at spotify.com
Sun Dec 26 13:46:42 CET 2010

Hello Friends,

I thought I'd set up a SIP server during the holidays and kamailio seemed
like a good choice. Since my setup won't be handling large amounts of users,
a file based backend seemed like a good choice. Since I didn't find any "new
users, please start with these steps" instruction on the web page I just
installed the base package for Debian squeeze along with
kamailio-berkeley-modules and proceded to try to configure the database.

I set DBENGINE=DB_BERKELEY in /etc/kamailio/kamctlrc and ran 'kamdbctl
create', which fails with this message:

root at uma:/home/noa# kamdbctl create
db4.6_load: /usr/share/kamailio//db_berkeley/kamailio/lcr_gw: reopen: No
such file or directory
ERROR: Creating standard tables failed!

I tried DBENGINE=DBTEXT, and the command failed similarly:

INFO: creating DBTEXT tables at: /usr/local/etc/kamailio/dbtext ...
cp: cannot stat `/usr/share/kamailio//dbtext/kamailio/lcr_gw': No such file
or directory
ERROR: Creating core tables failed!

Based on this I have a few questions:

1) Is there a text somewhere outlining the recommended steps to get a basic
server going using the .deb packages?

2) What is the recommended backend for the least amount of install time
trouble?

3) Is the issue I got into above a known problem? Is there a fix available?
I asked my friend google, but she didn't seem to have an easily findable
solution.

/noa

--
Everything is secret.