[SR-Users] Dialog module with 2 servers and 2 separate databases.

Pan B. Christensen pan at ibidium.no
Mon Dec 13 14:37:30 CET 2010

Thanks for your reply, Daniel.

The purpose is to do busy forwarding without querying the client when the user already has >= X active calls. X will normally be 1 (call waiting inactive) or 2 (call waiting active). Advanced users may possibly set a higher value. Counting the number of calls on the server and doing busy forwarding based on that rather than waiting for a "486 Busy here" from the client has several advantages.

Currently, I've written code to do this with the dispatcher module, and it's working great with only one server. Here's a code snippet:

    $var(dlg_busy) = 0;
    get_profile_size("busy", "$avp(s:uid)", "$var(dlg_busy)");
    if ( $var(dlg_busy) >= $avp(s:busy_level) ) {
        if ($avp(s:cfb_status) == "on") {
            $rU = $avp(s:cfb_number);
            xlog("L_INFO", "-------------------- $avp(s:uid) has $var(dlg_busy) active calls. Treshold $avp(s:busy_level). Forwarding on busy to $rU --------------------\n");
            route(10);
        }
    }

Based on your reply, I guess one way to solve this would be to write the get_profile_size function in sqlops, query the two dialog databases and add the numbers. This would still require the customer to change their database design. Is there an easier or better way to do this?

I also wote code to do busy forwarding if the client replies with 486 (do not disturb activated), 603 (call rejected) etc.
This code works for normal busy forwarding if Polycom is set to 1 call per line key (default is 8). We'll then have to provision the $avp(s:busy_level) variable to the clients instead of handling it server-side. If a user now wants to change the setting, he'll have to reboot his phone after doing so. Changing the reg.x.callsPerLineKey setting in the phone also limits the number of outgoing calls the user can make. We'll also have to make code for all the other hardphones the customer is planning to use plus make guides on how to change the setting for all kinds of softphones. We want to avoid all this.

With kind regards,
Pan