[SR-Users] Dialog module with 2 servers and 2 separate databases.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 12:26:32 CET 2010

On 12/10/10 2:17 PM, Pan B. Christensen wrote:
> Hello,
> My customer has the following database design.
> Voip server 1 talks to SQL server 1.
> Voip server 2 talks to SQL server 2.
> Voip 1 and Voip 2 are load-balanced.
> Each SQL server has two databases. Database 1 contains semi-static
> data like call forwarding properties for users and is read-only. This
> is replicated from a third SQL server which the web interface writes
> to. Database 2 is read/write, is not replicated and contains data
> that is updated frequently like user location and now dialog info.
> Voip server 1 is not allowed to talk to SQL server 2 and vice versa.
> I'm using forward() to send authenticated REGISTERs to the other
> server so that it'll write this to RAM and its own SQL server. Thus,
> both servers are aware of clients authenticated and registered by the
> other server.
> How can I make both servers be aware of active calls on the other server?
what is the purpose?

Practically, it is not possible to track a call in two instances,
because, unlike registration where is just a storage of mappings between
contact and aor, call states of dialog module involve more processing
logic, including timeouts and sending BYEs.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio (OpenSER) Advanced Training
Jan 24-26, 2011, Irvine, CA, USA
http://www.asipto.com