[SR-Users] Kamailio 1.5.4 notls Core Dump

Stagg Shelton stagg at vocalcloud.com
Thu Dec 2 02:27:24 CET 2010

  Kamailio 1.5.4 segmentation faulted today.  I was able to determine
with gdb that the error occurred at mediaproxy.c line 1104.  Line 1104
is a call to memcpy

Core was generated by `/sbin/kamailio -m 512'.
#0  0x00007f1469db6bb5 in replace_element (msg=0x77e470,
old_element=<value optimized out>, new_element=0x7fffbd553210) at
mediaproxy.c:1104
1104        memcpy(buf, new_element->s, new_element->len);

1.5.4 is new to our production environment, we were previously running
1.5.2 notls (also no mediaproxy) for more than a year without issue.
1.5.4 notls with mediaproxy has been running in our lab and
preproduction QA environments since March of this year without any real
segmentation faults.

Does anyone have any ideas of what may have caused this, or suggestions
to get around this.  I do see that 1.5.5 is available, although there
does not appear to have been too many changes to mediaproxy.c

Thank you in advance

Stagg