[SR-Users] lcr

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Aug 27 17:17:43 CEST 2010

2010/8/27 Anders <vaerge at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I some calls to a specific `sub-region` that I want to limit to a
> specific trunk. Example.
>
> Region 1: prefix 55, trunk 1, priority 10
> Region 1: prefix 55, trunk 2, priority 20
> Sub-region A: prefix 5512, trunk 1, priority 30
>
> I do not want the calls to prefix 5512 to fail-over to trunk 2 in case
> of 404, 503 or the like. So I have tried to put priority 30 on
> sub-region A and a lower priority on Region 1, but it still fails over
> to trunk 2 - can I prevent this?

That is not possible with lcr in 1.5.X, but AFAIK it's possible in 3.X
by setting the "stopper" flag to the rule with prefix 5512 (so no
other rules are loaded after this one).

A workaround would be setting a specific value in the "From" field of
the rule (i.e. "no-failover") and calling "load_gws" using such stirng
as parameter. But it's a bit ugly (very ugly) as requires modifying
the script.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>