[SR-Users] Kamailio 1.5 - Dispatcher priority usage

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 16:06:42 CEST 2010

  Hello,

On 8/26/10 3:23 PM, Geoffrey Mina wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a question about the "priority" in the dispatcher module.  I
> looked in the docu-wiki and there was nothing which actually described
> how this field is used (exactly), so I can only guess or ask the list.

the priority is used to sort the records in memory. IIRC, the highest
priority the first in the list (for same priority should be the order
returned by database query result).

If you use round-robin, the the first destination used is the one with
highest priority, the next, ... and loop again.

The priority is particularly good for classic serial forking (algorithm
9), where always first destination is the highest priority.

> Say I have 3 destinations in a set:
>
> set: 1
> dest: sip:1.2.3.4:5060 <http://1.2.3.4:5060>
> priority: 1
>
> set: 1
> dest: sip:1.2.3.5:5060 <http://1.2.3.5:5060>
> priority: 1
>
> set: 1
> dest: sip:1.2.3.6:5060 <http://1.2.3.6:5060>
> priority: 0
>

> I am using ds_select_domain("1","4") to retrieve my list of destinations.
>
> In this scenario, would the calls only route to 1.2.3.6 if .4 and .5
> were both out of service?
>
> Thanks.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/